We are proud to announce that we have invited a local instructor to teach his NEXT LEVEL Self-defense Handgun class at Fairfield Sportsmen’s Association this year on the following dates:
Friday/Saturday, July 16th & 17th
Friday/Saturday, Sept. 17th & 18th
The class will start off in the classroom on Friday from 6:00 – 9:00 PM and finish on the range on Saturday from 9:00 – Noon. The class is limited to the first ten (10) participants who register and pay. You must have a valid Ohio Concealed Handgun License to attend this class.
This class picks up where your state-required concealed carry class left off and focuses on improving your ability to avoid a violent encounter, survive a violent encounter with your handgun, and deal with the legal aftermath of a violent encounter. Participants will learn:
- How to identify and avoid a potentially violent threat
- How to develop rules of engagement for inside and outside the home
- Legal issues associated with using your handgun in self-defense
- What to say to law enforcement if you have had to use your handgun
- What non-lethal gear you should carry if you’re carrying a handgun
- How to draw your handgun from concealment and placing accurate shots
Cost: $140 per participant, payable in advance of the class.
Equipment Requirements (What to Bring):
- The handgun (revolver or semi-auto) that you regularly carry with at least 2 magazines or speed loaders/strips for revolvers
- A stiff leather or Kydex holster that can be mounted on your belt (no retention-device, pocket, bra, or purse holsters will be allowed for this class).
- At least one spare magazine pouch that can be mounted on your belt
- 100 rounds of full metal jacket ammunition (range ammo)
- Sturdy gun belt
- Concealment garment typical of the type you routinely use to conceal your handgun
- Comfortable everyday clothes/shoes (no military/tactical/ninja gear unless that’s what you wear everyday)
- Safety glasses and hearing protection
- Notebook and pen (you’ll want to take notes)
Instructor: Bob Jewell is a Rangemaster and NRA Certified Instructor, a graduate of the Law of Self Defense Instructor Program, as well as an accomplished tactical shooter. He annually participates in firearms, legal, medical, and personal defense training from top national instructors such as Tom Givens, Dave Spaulding, and Craig Douglas.
Registration: To register, contact Bob Jewell and mail a check or make an online payment via Venmo (www.venmo.com/Robert-Jewell-25). Payments must be received no later than 30 days prior to the class.
7491 Sussex Drive
West Chester, OH 45069