Advanced Concealed Carry
Advanced Concealed Carry Training
We are proud to announce that we have invited local instructor Bob Jewell to teach his NEXT
LEVEL Self-defense Handgun class at Fairfield Sportsmen’s Association on July 21/22.
The class will start off in the classroom on Friday, July 21 from 6:00 – 9:00 PM and finish
on the range on Saturday, July 22 from 9:00 – Noon. The class is limited to the first ten
(10) participants who register and pay. You must have a valid Ohio Concealed Handgun
License to attend this class.
This class picks up where your state-required concealed carry class left off and focuses on
improving your ability to avoid a violent encounter, survive a violent encounter with your
handgun, and deal with the legal aftermath of a violent encounter. Participants will learn:
- How to identify and avoid a potentially violent threat
- How to develop rules of engagement for inside and outside the home
- Legal issues associated with using your handgun in self-defense
- What to say to law enforcement if you have had to use your handgun
- What non-lethal gear you should carry if you’re carrying a handgun
- How to draw your handgun from concealment and place accurate shots
Cost: $165 per participant, payable in advance of the class.
Equipment Requirements (What to Bring):
- The handgun (revolver or semi-auto) that you regularly carry with at least 2
magazines or speed loaders/strips for revolvers
- A stiff leather or Kydex holster that can be mounted on your belt (no retention-device,
pocket, bra, or purse holsters will be allowed for this class).
- At least one spare magazine pouch that can be mounted on your belt
- 100 rounds of full metal jacket ammunition (range ammo)
- Sturdy gun belt
- Concealment garment typical of the type you routinely use to conceal your handgun
- Comfortable everyday clothes/shoes (no military/tactical/ninja gear unless that’s what
you wear everyday)
- Safety glasses and hearing protection
Instructor: Bob Jewell is a Rangemaster Advanced and NRA Certified Instructor, a graduate
of the Law of Self Defense Instructor Program, as well as an accomplished tactical shooter.
He annually participates in firearms, legal, medical, and personal defense training from top
national instructors such as Tom Givens, Dave Spaulding, and Craig Douglas.
Registration: To register, contact Bob Jewell and mail a check or make an online payment
via Venmo (www.venmo.com/Robert-Jewell-25). Payments must be received no later than
30 days prior to the class.
7491 Sussex Drive
West Chester, OH 45069